Dewatering for Septage
Will Sludge Dewatering Bags Work for Sewage?
Question: I need products for septage dewatering. Will these sludge dewatering bags work for these types of materials? How do I choose the correct septage treatment process for my location?
Answer: Yes, Sludge Dewatering Bags can be used for removal of septage sludge. Typically, anytime a project regarding sludge dewatering equipment arises, we offer a questionnaire to help determine which bags or dewatering tubes would work best for your locations. Some questions include:
- Type of Material: For example, is your material mineral sludge, industrial sludge, or wastewater treatment sludge?
- Polymers: Polymers can be placed into septage to help increase filtering quality and pumping rates.
- Amount of Space Available: This helps determine the appropriate dewatering bag sizes that can be used in your location.
- Rate of Pumping: This rate is often crucial in determining the size of bag you will need. The dewatering bag is used for smaller rates, while the larger dewatering tubes can handle significantly greater pumping flows.
If you have any additional questions regarding septage dewatering, please contact our GEI Works product specialists at 1-772-646-0597.
Dewatering for Septage Product Options
Our sediment dewatering and filter bags are fabricated using heavy duty, needle-punched filter fabric (nonwoven geotextile) which provides high permittivity (water flow). The fine pore structure allows water to flow through freely, while preventing fine soils from escaping, creating an effective septage treatment process. Alternately, the geotubes are significantly larger in size and use a woven geotextile fabric for high flows, high tensile applications, and more.
- Dewatering Bags: The dewatering bag is an excellent choice for small septic or sludge removal jobs. These bags range in size from 6' x 6' to 15' x 25'. View Standard Sediment Bag Sizes.
- Geotubes: Dewatering tubes are excellent for high flow or large sludge removal projects. Geotubes come in standard sizes as long as 250 feet with circumferences as large as 90 feet. Custom sizes are also available.
Sludge dewatering bags should be sized based on the volume of water being pumped (pump flow rate), quantity of solids, type of sediment, and the permittivity of the given bag size.
Note: Please contact your local county or municipal advisors to determine if there are any additional requirements for the capture and treatment of the filtered liquids.
Learn about all the Dewatering Products available from GEI Works.
If you have any additional questions regarding sludge dewatering bags, please contact our GEI Works product specialists at 1-772-646-0597.