Triangular Silt Dike
Soil Erosion Prevention
The triangular silt dike is a synthetic alternative to standard coir silt checks or hay bales. Constructed using a combination of geotextile fabric and urethane foam, these silt dikes provide a more robust structure that can support continuous use in streams, channels, runoff ponds, and other storm water collection areas.
Standard design of the silt dike features a triangular urethane foam placed inside of a geotextile fabric cloth. Along either side of the foam is an erosion control skirt that helps to prevent further erosion during currents or flows. Triangular silt control systems can be used along perimeters or as silt checks to control erosion. For added support, U-shaped wire staples can also be used to secure the skirt or curtain into place.
Triangular Silt Dike Specifications
|84" L x 67" W x 10.5" H
(2,134 mm x 1,702 mm x 267 mm)
*Optional U-Shaped Staples Available
Silt Dike Features
- Woven PP Geotextile Outer Fabric
- Urethane Foam Interior
- Aprons Placed on Either Side of the Dike
- Connect Together to Form Larger Units
Silt Dike Benefits
- Installs in Minutes
- Easy to Make Larger Sizes
- Great for Use in Check Dams, Streams, and Ponds
- Robust Alternative to Standard Check Dams
- Controls Both Silt and Bottom Layer Erosion
How Does This Product Keep You in Compliance?
- Blocks Sediment, Oil, and More from Contaminating Water
- Helps Prevent Erosions Failures
- Usable on Rough Terrains
- Can be Used as a SWPPP Solution
- Often Used as a Stormwater BMP
For natural fiber silt dike options, check out the Coir Silt Check.