Trash Booms for Lakes
Question: Hi, I am looking for trash booms or some kind of debris containment boom that I can place in my lake to help collect materials that are ending up on my side of the lake. I need a way to contain
these materials so they do not end up contaminating the entire lake. Do you have these? If so, what colors are they available in?
Answer: We do offer debris containment booms that can help you to control the materials in your lake. Orion booms come in several different models to accomodate your location and the type of materials you need to contain.
As a standard, the Floating Debris Boom is ideal for containing smaller trash materials and is commonly deployed to collect small floating trash debris, small timbers, and some aquatic plants.
This boom typically features the following design:
- Foam Filled Floatation Collar: This allows the boom to float in water and contain trash particles to a single area.
- 22 oz. PVC Material: This strong material provides extra protection when dealing with trash or other environmental elements.
- Galvanized Steel Ballast Chain: A chain helps the boom maintain its barrier form so trash can be properly contained.
- ASTM Universal Slides: These slides allow you to hook sections together for a complete and strong barrier.
Standard sizing options for this particular boom includes:
- Section Lengths: 10 feet, 25 feet, 50 feet, or 100 feet
- Overall Boom Heights: 10 inches, 13 inches, 19 inches, or 20 inches
- Skirt Height: 6 inches or 12 inches
However, we can provide you with a debris containment solution for your specific needs. Sizes can be made to specifically meet your area if that's what you require.
Other Debris Booms we offer include:
- Trash Net Boom: If you need a boom that can provide containment above, as well
as below the water, this boom is a great option. Comes with a built-in net for underwater control.
- Aquatic Plant & Debris Boom: Perfect for containing invasive aquatic weeds such
as duckweed, sargassum, water hyacinth, eelgrass, milfoil, and more. Available in calm, moving, and open water models.
- Trash Mesh Booms: For containment that requires a stronger barrier, these steel booms offer heavy-duty control. Their rugged steel exteriors featuring large floatation devices can handle large debris as well as logs.
- Permanent Boom: This debris boom is intended for use as long-term debris or aquatic life control. It contains high impact floats for added strength during use.
Learn more about all our Debris Boom products.
Questions? We can help! Call our team at +1-772-646-0597 or fill out our quote request form to discuss your requirements.