River Pollution is a common concern for any homeowner, resident or business owner with a location along a river area or water body. Each year, millions of cubic yards of litter and floatable debris discharge into lakes and rivers. In order to help control floating river pollutants, barriers like Orion booms and Trition barriers are implemented to deflect, exclude or contain floating particles. More information on these barriers and how they can help control river pollution is explained below:
Pollution Control Products
GEI Works, formerly Granite Environmental, proudly offers a range of products to address water polltion by helping control and contain floating debris. One of the most commonly used items is a product known as the Floating Trash & Debris Boom. This product can be deployed along shores, around protected areas, and is also used contain invasive aquatic plants. Debris Boom options include the following:
- HDPE Boom for Permanent Locations
- Standard Floating Booms for Plastics, Aquatic Plants and Trash
- Steel Mesh Booms for Logs, Debris and Larger Trash Items
- Net Booms for Jelly Fish Control
Having these items in place can help protect your area from pollution, while directing debris to clean up areas.
Debris Clean Up Stories
- See how the Debris Boom saves business owner time and money and prevents pollution on the Ohio River!
- The Passaic River Restoration Program is a model for shoreline cleanup and water pollution prevention and restoration.
The Clean Water Act (CWA) provides a frame work for water pollution standards.
Other Pollution Resources:
In addition to these resources, we also offer several other products for the containment and cleanup of spills including oil spills, chemical spills, and more. Questions? We can help! Call our team at +1-772-646-0597 or fill out our quote request form to discuss your requirements.