Cast Iron Anchor for Turbidity Curtain and Boom
Anchors and anchoring kits are necessities when installing and deploying turbidity curtain and boom. Having the right pattern, anchor accessories, and installation design evenly distributes the load, reducing wear, and increasing the longevity of the boom or curtain. GEI Works offers the pyramid mooring anchor as one of our pre-assembled anchor kit options.
Pyramid anchors are particularly useful in tidal waters and areas with sandy or rocky bottoms. By immediately giving a digging edge, the painted cast iron anchor rapidly sets on the ocean floor. The shape of the pyramid mooring anchor, with a larger surface presented against the water, creates high suction to keep your silt curtain in place. When used with other turbidity curtain and anchor accessories—such as markers, buoys, and lights—pyramid anchors ensure that your silt curtain installation goes smoothly and your barrier stays in place.
To see all our anchoring options, see the Marine Mooring Anchors page.
Pyramid Mooring Anchor Specifications
|Weight||Pyramid Bottom Width||Pyramid Top Width||Pyramid Height||Shaft Length|
|50 lbs.||3.9" (100 mm)||8" (204 mm)||4.7" (120 mm)||4.9" (124 mm)|
|75 lbs.||3.4" (85 mm)||9.4" (238 mm)||6.1" (155 mm)||5.9" (150 mm)|
|100 lbs.||4.7" (120 mm)||10.1" (256 mm)||6.1" (155 mm)||5.9" (150 mm)|
|150 lbs.||4.5" (115 mm)||11.3" (288 mm)||8.3" (211 mm)||6.5" (165 mm)|
|200 lbs.||7.3" (185 mm)||12.8" (325 mm)||6.5" (165 mm)||8.5" (216 mm)|
|250 lbs.||5.8" (148 mm)||13" (330 mm)||9.4" (238 mm)||8.3" (211 mm)|
Other Marine Accessories
GEI Works provides a number of accessories for boom and silt curtain installation beyond pyramid anchors and their kits. Depending on the currents, waves, and tides, you may need one or more of the following products:
- Tow Bridles – Connecting between the boom and the tow boat, tow bridles prevent damage by redistributing the tow load throughout the boom from one single spot.
- Inflatable Marker Buoys – The floating marine buoy can work with pyramid anchors as part of an anchoring system or as demarcation and mooring guides.
- Marker Lights – Including a light, buoy, and pole, the marker lights provide boom visibility and ensure safe navigation in the surrounding area.
- Tidal Compensators – By connecting with both the barrier and a vertical structure, a tidal compensator allows the curtain to adjust with changing tides and water heights. An HD Model is available in addition to the standard compensator.
- Reefing Lines – When there are varying water depths in the project area, reefing lines allow different sections of a barrier to be adjusted accordingly.
Visit the Marine Accessories page for more information and details about these and other anchor accessories.