Call Us: 555-555-1234

What Type Of Turbidity Curtain Is Needed?

Question regarding which type of turbidity curtain I need. I know that I need a silt curtain, but I type 1 turbidity curtaindon't know which type. Can you help?

Answer: Hello, We can absolutely help you with this. When selecting a silt curtain there are several different factors we urge all of our customers to take into consideration including:

  • Hydrodynamic Conditions (water flow, winds, waves, current, tides)
  • Project Duration
  • Site Plan
  • Site Requirements (sediment contained, requirements)

Assessing all of these conditions can help us make an educated recommendation that is both economical and cost effective for your project.

Type of Turbidity Curtain: Options

  1. Type I Turbidity Barrier: This is our first silt curtain style and is designed for calm water applications. This includes use in small ponds, lakes, swales and work along roadsides.

  2. Type II Turbidity Barrier: The type 2 barrier is designed for medium water conditions. This includes moving water in rivers, ponds, streams and other larger areas. These curtains have successfully been used in dredging jobs, construction jobs and more.

  3. Type III Turbidity Barrier: This type of silt control curtain is applied to rough waters. This type is the strongest option and is used in conditions with a significant current, high waves, or long-term project requirements.

Standard sizing for all of our silt curtains includes section lengths of either 50 or 100 feet. Depths will tend to vary anywhere from 3 to 100 feet, often dependant on your water location. A standard depth of a curtain will be five feet in length. See all turbidity curtains, and turbidity curtain FAQs.

We hope that this has been helpful in developing your project. If you have any additional questions or if you would like to receive a quote, please contact our sales team at: +1-772-646-0597.