Sludge Tubes for Paper Mill Dewatering
Custom Dewatering Tubes
Simple, fast, and low-cost, geotextile sludge tubes are becoming the go-to paper mill dewatering filtration method. Made with quality components you can count on, geotextile dewatering tubes from GEI Works provide budget-friendly pricing and reliable performance.
Geotextile Tubes for Paper Mill Sludge Dewatering
Geotextile tubes are a popular and versatile paper mill sludge dewatering method. Unlike other sludge dewatering equipment, geotextile tubes need very little maintenance and require no presses as gravity does all the work. They're quick and easy to install, can be customized to fit specific space requirements, and contain the paper mill's processed sludge neatly for transport or disposal when done.
Paper mills often use geotextile sludge dewatering tubes for:
- Dewatering sludge dredged from stabilization basins, settling ponds & lagoons
- Removing contaminants such as heavy metals and TSS from effluent for primary and secondary sludge (and alum sludge) treatment
- An emergency backup for other pulp mill sludge dewatering equipment types to prevent plant downtime
- Expanding available capacity when the plant is at risk of exceeding discharge limits
- Other emergency uses, such as for cleanup of spills (dewatering tubes can be rapidly deployed)
- If using a coal-fired boiler, dewatering tubes and bags can be used to process fly ash
- Once filled and dewatered, the dried contents of the sludge dewatering tubes can be reused as a type of biofuel or for other secondary purposes
Low-Cost and Well-Built: Geotextile Tubes for Paper Mill Sludge Dewatering
We can provide sludge dewatering tubes specifically for paper mill process operations. Our dewatering tubes can be customized to suit nearly any specifications and size. Geotextile dewatering tubes will also easily accommodate the use of polymers to speed up liquid removal by expediting the concentration of solids in sludge processing.
Paper Mill Sludge Dewatering Tube Specifications
|Other Lengths by Special Order|
|Circumference||15', 22.5', 30', 45'
60', 75', 90'
|Filling Port Spacing||1 - 5 ports||One Port for Every 50' of Length|
- Geotextile Dewatering Tubes - Product Flyer & Additional Specifications (PDF)
- Sludge Dewatering Tube Installation Guide (PDF)
Additional Dewatering & Pulp Paper Mill Compliance Supplies
For lining sludge dewatering tube pits and processing or directing the effluent resulting from sludge processing, we carry bulk rolls of geotextile fabric in a wide selection of fabric weights, styles, and degrees of permittivity (non-porous PVC fabric is also available in bulk).
Dewatering Bags, Socks, and More
Sludge dewatering solutions are available in many shapes and sizes. For a full listing of our dewatering products, see: Dewatering Solutions.
Use Staked Turbidity Barrier as an emergency overflow or stormwater event compliance control for dewatering and sludge processing sites. PVC Staked Silt Barriers direct water flow to controlled filtration exit points on the jobsite. Silt (Geotextile Filtration) Fencing is also available.
Key to staying in compliance and avoiding regulatory fines, use the Turbidity Meter to test the sludge dewatering tube's effluent. Measure the Total Suspended Solids (TSS) to determine the effectiveness of your dewatering controls.