Dredging Dewatering Tubes
Affordable Custom Solutions for Dredging Dewatering
Dredging dewatering operations need reliable, well-designed, and well-built geotextile dewatering tubes that stay within budget. Taurus Geotextile Dewatering Tubes by GEI Works are made in the USA, and we stand behind our products. Every Dredging Dewatering Tube is built for performance that you can count on. Available with a wide selection of standard and custom options, our experts are here to help you. Call us today!
An Effective Compliance Solution for Filtering Dredging Slurry
Taurus Geotextile Dewatering Tubes are designed to efficiently filter dredging slurry. The dewatering tubes capture pumped sludge, while filtering and trapping the dredging solids. The porous walls of the tubes allow the resulting clear water (effluent) to drain out, leaving only the dry sediment once the dewatering process has been completed. Additional custom dewatering solutions are also available.
Manufactured from heavy-duty woven polypropylene fabric, Geotextile Dewatering Tubes are sewn to produce a high-strength container that can dewater large volumes of dredging slurry.
Benefits of Dredging Dewatering Tubes
- Our Geotextile Dewatering Tubes are available in a choice of either traditional black or earth-toned colors. The fabric is pH neutral and will not affect the acidity/alkalinity balance of the surrounding soil or the solution being processed.
- Select the weave needed for the project, matching the type of environment, contaminants, and flow rates desired to the opening size of the weave in the dewatering tube's geotextile fabric.
- Dredging Dewatering Tubes can be manufactured to a location's requirements, and can contain multiple ports for faster and more even distribution of slurry. This maximizes the use of the surface area for faster drainage.
- Make the most of the available space by having the geotextile dewatering tubes made to fit. Our dewatering tubes are also stackable.
- Accommodates the use of polymers. The use of the proper polymer (flocculent, coagulant) expedites the dewatering process, produces cleaner effluent, and can increase the retention capacity of the dewatering tube. Regardless of whether the dewatering plan requires premixing the polymers before pumping the water into the filter or adding the polymer to the dewatering tube ahead of filling, our Geotextile Dewatering Tubes can accommodate either process.
- Filled tubes can be stored, stacked, transported, and even used for beneficial projects such as erosion control, slope stabilization, breakwater walls, reefs, or reinforcement of embankments.
For additional detail, specifications, and instructions for use:
- Dredging Dewatering Tubes - Dimensions & Specifications
- Fabric Specifications
- Installation Instructions
Additional Dredging Dewatering Site Compliance Tool for Sale
For lining dewatering tube pits and capturing effluent, we carry bulk rolls of geotextile fabric in a wide selection of fabric weights, styles, and degrees of permittivity (non-porous PVC fabric is also available in bulk).
We manufacture Triton Floating Turbidity Curtains for dredging operations that need in-water containment of the turbid water that dredging creates. Our curtains are available in a selection of sizes, with both fresh and salt water models available. Select from Type 1, Type 2, Type 3 models based on wave and current activity, with additional options including Permeable and HD Turbidity Curtains. Accessories like the Tidal Compensator allow the curtain to move up and down with the tide, maintaining secure compliance containment areas.
Key to staying in compliance and avoiding regulatory fines, use the Turbidity Meter to test the dewatering tube's effluent. Measure the Total Suspended Solids (TSS) to determine the effectiveness of your dewatering controls.
Use Staked Silt Barrier for shallow water turbidity control, and to direct stormwater to controlled filtration exit points on the jobsite.
Secondary Containment Berms
For dredge services operating on barges and in confined spaces, our secondary containment berms provide a creative compliance solution for managing dewatered effluent. Available in Angle-Berm and Drive-Through Models.