Flammable Cabinets for Hazardous Liquid Storage
Compliant Fire Safety Cabinets to Suit Any Industry Needs
Question: Do you have fire safety cabinets that are suitable for storing flammable liquids like lacquers, flammable stains, thinners, and solvents used our furniture and cabinet manufacturing facility?
Answer: Any solvents, flammable or combustible liquids or other material containing toxic chemicals must be stored in compliance with OSHA, NFPA code 30 and UFC 79 standards. They also should be FM approved.
Please contact our product specialists to help you select the correct flammable liquid storage cabinet for your needs.
Typical hazardous material ingredients used refinishing, furniture or wood manufacturing facilities that need to be stored in flammable safety cabinets include:
- Wood cleaning and wax removal: petroleum distillates, distillates, white mineral spirits, spirits
- Refinishing/Stripping: acetone, petroleum distillate %, methanol, methylene chloride, alcohols, ketones, oxygenated solvents, paint solvents, turpentine
- Staining: mineral spirits, alcohol pigments
- Painting: toluene, pigments, titanium dioxide, epoxy-ester resins, aromatic hydrocarbon bons, glycol ether, halogenated hydrocarbons, vinyl-acetate acrylic
- Finishing: Denatured alcohols, resins, shellac, petroleum distillates, toluene diisocyanate
- Brush cleaning and spray gun cleaning: acetone, toluene, petroleum distillates, methanol, methylene, chloride, isopropanol, mineral spirits, alcohols
GEI Works offers flammable storage cabinets designed to comply with these standards and capable of storing between 12 and 90 gallons of flammable liquids. Our fire safety cabinets are reinforced with a double-wall steel construction, leak-proof sumps, and 3-point locking systems.
Flammable liquids can be further protected by the available self-close doors on all size fires safety cabinets. Self-close doors allow for standard manual door use, with the added functionality of indexing and latching the doors when temperatures reach 165 ° F during a fire.
Please contact our product specialists to help make the best flammable liquid storage cabinet selection for your location's needs.