Floating Passive Skimmer for Oil Clean Up
Passive skimmers are low maintenance options for removing oil and hydrocarbons from standing water. Constructed with an industrial absorbent, The Ox SheenSorb is designed to float on the surface of the water, absorbing oil and pollutants. Quick to install and easy to use, this small oil skimmer is a great option for any construction site, auto shop, or other work location.
Passive skimmers feature two floats and an interior absorbent. Each absorbent consists of polypropylene fibers that forces oil to bond with the skimmer. The 6' foot long tether offers a means of reaching tight, inconvenient spots. Standard models are able to absorb and hold up to one gallon of oil.
Look through the Oil Skimmer PDF Flyer for more information.
Ox SheenSorb Drain Skimmer Specifications
|20" x 9" x 2"
(508 mm x 229 mm x 51 mm)
|Set of 2 Skimmers
Set of 5 Skimmers
Passive Drain Skimmer Features
- Interior Polymer Absorbent that Bonds to Oil
- Two Side Floats
- Rated to Absorb up to 1 Gallon (3.8 L) of Oil
- 2 Pack or 5 Pack Available
- Includes a 6' Tether
Passive Drain Skimmer Benefits
- Floats on the Surface of the Water
- Does Not Clog Drains
- Removes Oil from the Water
- Installs in Seconds
- Perfect for Drains, Tanks, or Sumps
Drain Skimmers Keep You in Compliance
- Removes Oil from Water
- Work as a SWPPP Solution
- Stormwater BMP
- Helps Comply with NPDES, 40 CFR 122.26 (1999), and TMDL Requirements
Applications for Passive Skimmers
Passive skimmers have a number of uses in various industries. A small selection includes:
- Construction Sites – Most motorized equipment on construction sites use oil in some way, which means there is always the chance of a spill. If any oil happens to get down a storm drain, the SheenSorb can soak it up before any serious contamination occurs.
- Auto Shops – When surrounded by cars in different states of assembly, oil will get everywhere. Passive skimmers keep it from getting into drains and ruining the water supply.
- Industrial Warehouses – Many industrial warehouses have heavy machinery that uses large amounts of water and oil. If oil happens to get into a tank or sump meant for water, the SheenSorb easily can skim it right off the top. The oil skimmer also works well as a part of an industrial oil clean up plan in a Spill Kit.
In addition to the passive drain skimmer featured here, we also offer several filter units designed to cover the drain, fit neatly inside the drain, or attach to downspouts to filter materials. For these and other containment items, please check out our Stormwater Solutions with drain guards and stormwater BMPs.