Ditch Check | Long Lasting Cost Savings
Stormwater BMP - Filtration Check Dams
The Taurus Ditch Check functions like a mini check dam to filter sediment runoff flowing through your ditch, swale, weir or culvert. Our check dams are designed to be small, temporary dams used with swales or drainage ditches to filter and slow the speed of the water flow through an area. They assist with providing temporary stabilization of construction sites during stormwater events. Multiple ditch checks can be installed at a single site for additional control of the water. Check dams are important stormwater BMP's as they can prevent sediment and debris from entering the waterways.
Questions? Give us a call at 1-772-646-0597.
Taurus Ditch Check: Long Term Use & Cost Savings
The Taurus Ditch Check is a GEI Works' patent pending solution for soil erosion control that introduces many leading-edge benefits and features:
- Overflow Ports. Our check dam design has built in overflow ports, to minimize pooling in severe stormwater events.
- Self-Rising. Low-profile when dry, as water flow increases through the swale or ditch, the termporary check dam rises to capture debris and filter out sediment through the permeable geotextile fabric.
- Long Lasting. Stays in place with a stable anchoring system (see installation instructions),is built for rugged use and to last in the field.
- Sediment Trap. Taurus' check dam design also features a sediment trap to capture debris and silt.
- Use with Flocculants. For faster settling of sediment particles, incorporate the use of flocculants, absorbents, carbons and other water treatments.
- Easy Maintenance. Disposing of the sediment is easy – just pick up the downstream edge by its loop handles and lift the back end to empty the sediment trap . (After emptying the sediment, we recommend using a flat-head shovel to avoid accidentally puncturing the fabric.)
Custom Sizes Available. If you're looking for other sizes (or solutions), please contact us. As the manufacturer, we can build our products to your specifications. We're happy to help you get the right solution for your project!
Dewatering Products online or other Dewatering Filter Bags
Count on Taurus to help keep contaminated stormwater out of the waterways, so you avoid fines and expensive delays on your construction site. Contact GEI Works for more information about this excellent BMP solution.
Other Types of Check Dams, Erosion Control
Check Dams are also available in other styles and materials. See also:
We also supply Coir, Jute, Geotexiles, and other erosion control materials.
Other GEI Works Taurus Stormwater BMP's: