Coconut Coir Logs
Biodegradable Erosion Control Fiber Rolls
Coconut Coir Logs are a biodegradable erosion control product for hills, banks, shorelines, and other erosion prone areas. Easy to place, use, and install, these coir fiber logs create a natural control area that helps establish growth and control erosion. Coconut coir logs have been effectively used for erosion control in restoration projects, stabilization areas, and construction job sites.
Standard design of the coir log features strong biodegradable erosion control materials of outer coir twine netting that surrounds a mixture of mattress coconut coir. An erosion control coir roll has a typical lifespan of 2 to 5 years.
Questions? We can help! Call our team at 1-772-646-0597 or fill out our quote request form to discuss your requirements.
Benefits of Using Coconut Coir Logs
- Easy to Install
- Provides Nutrients to Surrounding Areas
- Allows for Deep Rooting of Plants
- Helps Build into Existing Contours
- Requires no Chemical Treatment
- High Air and Water Permeability
- Environmentally Friendly
- Safe for Surrounding Wildlife
- Biodegrades over 2-5 years
- Effectively Holds Seeds and Saplings in Place
Erosion Control Resources
GEI Works provides a variety of product solutions so you can best address soil erosion control and stormwater management and maintain compliance regulations.View our Stormwater Control Guide to see the most common areas to protect from construction site runoff. View our infographic on the Five Ways to Control Erosion on Your Site.
|Coir Logs Product Flyer|
|12", 16" or 20"|
|7 lbs./cu.ft. or
|Coir Twine and Mattress Coir|
Coir Log Material Specifications & Information
- Outer Netting: Bristle Coir Twine 2" x 2" Openings
- Interior: Mattress Coir
- 100% Biodegradable Coir Fibers
|12" Coir Log||12"||7 lbs/ft||5 lbs/ft||10'|
|12" Coir Log||12"||9 lbs/ft||7 lbs/ft||10'|
|16" Coir Log||16"||9 lbs/ft||12.4 lbs/ft||10'|
|20" Coir Log||20"||9 lbs/ft||19.4 lbs/ft||10'|
View the Coir Log FAQs page here.
Where to Place a Coir Log
- In flowing water areas: Coir fiber rolls can be placed directly on the bank, often retaining fill material or securing new channel alignment.
- In standing water: Coconut coir logs are placed offshore to break waves and encourage sedimentation and re-vegetation. They can also be used for wetland stabilization. Other standing water applications include placing coir logs along lake shores or even small ponds to protect against erosion.
Coconut products such as blocks, logs, and mats are also recommended products for soil bio-engineering. For more information, check out our Coir Log Installation Page
Erosion Control Anchoring and Accessories
Advantages of Coconut Coir Logs
- High Tensile Strength which Protects Steep Surfaces from Heavy Flows
- 3-5 year Longevity
- Allows for Full Plant and Soil Establishment, Natural Invasion & Land Stabilization
- 100% Natural & Biodegradable
- Functions as a Soil Amendment
- Acts as a Mulch on the Surface
- Acts as a Wick in the Soil Mantle
- Excellent Micro Climate
- Helps Provide Plant Establishment, Natural Invasion, & Balanced Healthy Growth
- Environmentally Responsible & Aesthetically Pleasing
- Customized to Specific Requirements/Technical Specifications
- Click here for more information about our 12 inch coconut fiber logs
We also offer 75 foot economy priced coir roll for stormwater management, erosion control, landscaping, roofing applications and more. It is backed with a figerglass mesh for structural strength, and can be easily cut to fit your application. . Read a question asked by a customer about if we Provide Plants for Revegatation after the Installion of Coir Logs.