15 x 10 Dewatering Bag
Dewatering Bag for Filtering Silt & Sand
Question on a 15 x 10 Dewatering Bag. We need a 15' x 10' dewatering bag for filtering silt and sand. We are in a bit of a rush. Can you tell us some additional information on this product and how we can use it/choose the correct options for installation and use.
Answer: Thank you for contacting GEI Works (formerly Granite Environmental) with your inquiry. Our Dewatering Bags are made from durable geotextile filtration fabric suitable for removal of sediment and oily waste water sheen. Each bag is sewn with multiple seams and can accommodate up to a 4" pipe in the hose sock making this the perfect filter bag whether you are pumping into a dumpster or on the ground!
Typical Sediment Filter Bag Installation and Use:
- Sizing: Sediment bags should be sized based on the volume of water being pumped (pump flow rate), quantity and type of sediment and the permittivity of the given bag size. The 15 x 10 dewatering bag is one of our middle-sized bags and has an approximate capacity of 6 cubic yards/bag.
- Location: Consideration should also be given to location. (Steep sloped surfaces are typically not recommended as the bag may roll). Placement may be in a 20’ drop box, dump truck or similar for easier transportation after a dewatering process. Bags may also be placed directly on the ground to filter water.
- Discharge Hoses: Each sediment bag can handle a 2”, 3” or 4” discharge hose. (The hose can be placed along any edge by making a small incision into the fabric, inserting the hose and then clamping the fabric to the hose via wire, ties, clamp, rope or similar to create a good seal.)
- Maintenance: These sediment bags are rugged, but not indestructible. Care should always be taken to properly monitor performance to ensure that pump rates or concentrations of sediment are not excessive. Failure to do so may cause bag to fail.
Other factors you should consider when using a 15 x 10 dewatering bag:
- Avoid multiple pipe discharges into 1 bag. One bag per discharge is recommended unless specifically designed.
- Filtered Water Runoff from the bag should be guided to the nearest inlet and take care to avoid causing any erosion.
Using our dewatering bag in conjunction with a flocculent or polymer for finer clay and organic media will definitely improve flow rates, discharge clarity and % of solids retained. Learn more about dewatering bags.
If you have any additional questions regarding the 15 x 10 dewatering bag please contact our sales team at +1-772-646-0597.