Dewatering for Septage
Will these Dewatering Bags Work for Septage?
Question: I need products for dewatering for septage. Will these bags work for these types of materials? How do I choose the correct bag for my location?
Thanks for asking our Granite Environmental team. To address your question, yes a dewatering bag can be used for removal of septage sludge. Typically, anytime you have a project regarding these materials, we have a questionnaire that you can fill out to help determine which bag would work best for your locations. Some of the questions this dewatering bag will address includes:
- Type of Material (for instance, is your sludge mineral sludge, industrial sludge, waste water treatment sludge?
- Will Polymers be Used? (polymers can be placed into the materials to help increase filtering quality and pumping rates)
- Amount of Space Available (this helps use determine available sizing that can be used in your location)
- Rate of Pumping (This is rate is often crucial in helping us determining the size of bag you will need. The dewatering bag is often used for smaller rates, while the larger tubes can handle significantly greater pumping flows)
Sludge Dewatering for Septage Product Options
Our sediment dewatering and filter bag is fabricated using heavy duty needle punched filter fabric (non-woven geotextile) which provides high permittivity (water flow) and a fine pore structure that allows water to flow through freely, while preventing fine soils from piping through. The tubes, by contrast, are significantly larger in size and use a woven monofiliament for high flows, high tensile applications and more.
- Dewatering Bag: As mentioned above, the dewatering bag is an excellent choice for small septic or sludge removal jobs. These bags are mad in the standard sizes of 6' x 6', 15' x 10', 15', 20', or 25'. View standard sediment bag sizes.
- Dewatering Tube: The dewatering tube is excellent for high flow or large sludge removal projects. These tubes have been made in sizes as long as 200 feet and with circumferences as large as 90 feet.
Dewatering bags should be sized based on the volume of water being pumped (pump flow rate), quantity and type of sediment and the permittivity of the given bag size.
Note: Please contact your local county or municpal advisors to determine if there are any additional requirements for the capture and treatment of the filtered liquids.
Interested in a Price Quote? Send a Request!
If you have any additional questions regarding dewatering for septage products, please contact our Granite Environmental sales team at +1-772-646-0597.