Water erosion comes in several different forms with various causes. No matter the differences, each form can be impacted by humans both negatively and positively. While the causes of erosion by water are generally natural, human impact will always play a role. It's becomes our job to assure it is a positive one.
Erosion Control Products:Woven Geotextiles:
Silt Fence: W100
Non Woven Geotextiles:
Natural Fiber Products:
View all Erosion Control Products
Types of Erosion by Water:
- Splash Erosion: Small soil particles are detached and sent airborne through the impact of raindrops on soil.
- Sheet Erosion: Raindrops break apart the soil structure and it's moved downslope by water that flows overland as a sheet rather than definitive channels. This occurs frequently during cloud bursts.
- Rill Erosion: This process develops small, short-lived, concentrated flow paths. These paths creates a sediment source and delivery system for hillslope erosion. Areas where precipitation rates exceed soil infiltration rates are more prone to this type of erosion.
- Gully Erosion: Water flows in narrow channels during or directly following heavy rains or melting snow. The gullies can erode to considerable depths.
- Valley or Stream Erosion: Continual water flow alongside land (along a linear feature) creates this type of erosion. It extends downward, deepening a valley, and headward, extending the valley into the hillside. This occurs most frequently in times of flooding.
- Bank Erosion: Over time, banks of rivers and streams are naturally worn down.
Water Erosion Control:The greatest way to restore eroded land is very simple: Vegetation. Plants grow and colonize creating deep root systems protecting the soil from water in its various forms. As simple as the solution is, a little help never hurts. Coir is natural coconut fiber that will protect the soil while the plants grow. Woven geotextiles and non-woven geotextiles separate soils, filter water, and reinforce the ground. View all of our erosion control products below.
Become an Erosion Control "Expert"!Don't let your knowledge erode! Soak up the ins and out of erosion control and the geotextile products used.
Brush Up on the Types of Erosion:
Learn About the Causes and Solutions:
Master the Specifics of Geotextiles:
Geotextile Fabric Overview • Geotextile Material Selection • Geotextile Application • Geotextile Types • Skit Film • Geotextile Functions • Geotextile Testing • Geotextile Comparison • Geotextile Installation • Geotextile Certification • Geotextile DOT Information • Geotextile AASHTO Information • Geotextile Fabric for Dirt Roads
Geotextiles by Propex®:
Options for Propex Geotextiles:
- Erosion Control Fabrics:
- Geotex® 2 x 2
- Geotex® 3 x 3
- Geotex® 4 x 4
- Geotex® 4 x 4
- Geotex® 4 x 6
- Geotex® 4 x 1
- Geotex® 6 x 1
- Geotex® 9 x 1
- Geotex® 12 x 1
- Woven Geotextiles:
- Geotex® 135ST
- Geotex® 200ST
- Geotex® 250ST
- Geotex® 270ST
- Geotex® 315ST
Questions? Our Granite Environmental sales team would be happy to support you.
Call (+1) 772-646-0597 or toll free at (888) 703-9889 to discuss your rainwater erosion control requirements or click on the chat button below for immediate response within our office hours (mon - fri, 8 am - 5 pm EST).