River Turbidity Barrier
Turbidity Barrier for River Dredging Project
Question: Hello, I am interested in your river turbidity barrier. We will be dredging in a river and require floating turbidity control. I am looking for around 3000' of barrier. Which type of floating barrier would you recommend for dredging?
Answer: Thank you for contacting us! For dredging applications in moving water areas, the Triton Type 2 or Type 3 Silt Barrier will probably be best for your location. These barriers are designed to handle moving water and we offter both both a heavy-duty and medium-duty models for appropirate support and turbidity control in your area. Ultimately, the river turbudity barrier you will need depends on unique factors specific to your project such as:
- Water Location Conditions: Possible conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Water Velocity (speed and movement of the current)
- Waves (how high are the waves? how often do they occur?)
- Tides (variance, etc.)
- Site & Project Conditions: These include both environmental and some project related factors.
- Wind (speed, frequency)
- Project Duration
- Type of Silt or Turbidity (are these particles contaminated? how much needs to be contained?)
Once these factors are considered, the correct river turbidity curtain can then be chosen to help contain and segregate the area. Not sure which floating river curtain is right for you? See our curtain comparison chart, or call our experts at +1-772-646-0597.