Oil Boom Fence Questions
Question on the Oil Boom Fence: Hi there! I need to know if your foam filled boom fence will be moored to quey side or shore line? We are preparing a contingency plan for an oil terminal and need to know more about it. It needs to be placed in a channel with calm water and would prefer a 1000 mm (3.28 feet) boom to be used.
Request a Quote
Thanks for contacting Granite Environmental! You can moor the Boom Fence to either the quey side or shore line. Our oil fence containment boom is made from durable PVC coated fabric with top cable acting as a tension member to secure it to the posts anchored in calm and shallow water conditions.
To install the oil boom containment fence in either of these locations, please look view the general instructions shown below:
- Create Hard Anchor Points: When installing this oil fence you will need to have hard anchor points located throughout your fence. These points can be created every 100, 200 or 300 feet depending on available points in your location and the length of your fence boom.
- Secure the Cable to the 1st Anchor Point: Each fence boom should include the use of a cable. The first step to installing your boom is to connect the boom to the first anchor point.
- Unroll and Connect the Fence Boom: When the boom arrives to your location, it will typically be either folded or rolled up. After the first point has been connected, begin unrolling and connecting the booms are desired. While anchor points are created at specific spaces, stakes may be included every 20 feet, or as desired.
- Secure End to Hard Mounting Point: The final step is to secure the end of the fence to the hard mounting point.
Questions? We can help! Call our team at +1-772-646-0597 or submit a form.Request a Quote
Oil Boom Fences Product Specifications can be found below:
- Length: 100, 200, or 300 foot
- Height: 2 feet 6 inch(other options are available)
- Fabric: 22 oz standard (others are available)
- Primary Color: yellow, orange preferred (others as available)
- Top Tension Cable: 1/4 galv. steel wire standard (optional 5/16 inch)
- Bottom Ballast Chain: 1/4 galv. chain standard (optional 5/16 inch)
- Fabric connections: See options (pictures)
- For cable to top cable connection.
- For ballast to bottom ballast chain connection.
Interested in a Price Quote? Send a Request!
If you have any additional questions on the oil boom fence or installation, please contact our GEI Works sales team at +1-772-646-0597.