Stormwater BMP Products
Stormwater Best Managenment Practices include a range of water and pollution control products designed for stormwater management plans to help keep your site in compliance with local and federal regulations. These BMPs filter stormwater runoff to remove silt, sediment, sand, dirt, oil, hydrocarbons and several other contaminants on your site. As water flows through these stormwater bmp products, pollutants are filtered out so only clean water passes into drain systems. Storm water managment products are commonly used inside storm drains, on top of drain grates, or in front of inlets to filter debris and pollutants and help keep you in compliance.
Recommended Stormwater BMP Products
We recommend Taurus Filtration USA made products as part of your stormwater management plan (SWPPP) to filter stormwater and keep your site in compliance, avoid fines, and prevent water pollution. Call us at (+1) 772-646-0597 for expert advice.Request a Quote
Taurus Hopper Under Grate Filter
- The Taurus Hopper Under Grate Filter fits below storm drain grates to catch sediment, trash, and debris before they enter stormwater systems. This catch basin filter features a larger hopper collection area than traditional comparable products. The under grate hopper is street sweeper friendly, and available in both low and high visibility options.
Taurus Over Grate Drain Cover
- The Taurus Over Grate Filter, made with durable geotextile material, filters debris and keeps drain systems clean . It is durable enough to last in the toughest conditions, and its low profile makes it street-sweeper friendly. This stormwater bmp is easily installed by one person, without having to lift or remove heavy drain grates.
- The Taurus Curb Inlet Filter sits invisibly inside the mouth of a curb drain. Unlike typical curb inlet guards that often create external sediment buildup, the Taurus Curb Inlet Filter allows sediment to flow into the drain where it is collected and held until the unit is emptied. This stormwater bmp is so low profile that it almost disappears when installed in the mouth of storm drains.
- The Taurus Ditch Check works like a mini check dam wall, slowing the flow of water while filtering sediment runoff in ditches, swales, and culverts. It has a self rising check dam designed to rise as the water flow increases, and lies nearly flat when there is no flow. See Ditch Check pricing here on our GEI Works Webstore.
Taurus Ditch Check
Due to the various sizes and styles of each drain, our stormwater BMPs can be customized to fit your particular application. They can also be used with flocculants, oil absorbent and other media to treat the incoming water, helping minimize the pollutants for storm drain protection. Contact one of our specialists to find the best storm guard option for you at +1 (772) 589-3343, or submit a form.
|Request a Quote||
If you have questions about any stormwater best management practices, or any of our other products, give us a call at (+1) 772.646.0597 or request a price quote.
Drain guards are a great option for stormwater runoff and other small flows that leave your site. However, many locations also require larger scale pollution control directly inside water areas. For these locations, Floating Turbidity Curtain and floating booms can be a better option. These curtains are placed directly around dredging sites, roads and construction sites to control silt.
- Type 1 Turbidity Curtain:
- Calm Water Silt Containment
- Economy and DOT Models
- Type 2 Turbidity Curtain:
- Moving Water Silt Control
- DOT, Heavy Duty and Permeable Models
- Type 3 Turbidity Curtain:
- High Strength Containment
- DOT, Heavy Duty and Permeable Models
Filters: Another favorite for stormwater filtration are the stormwater drain and pipe filters. These handy filtering devices include the following products:
- Downspout Guards: These filters hook up directly to your downspout drain to filter stormwater as it flows out.
- Containment Drains: When storing fuel tanks or drums in large open top containers, items like the self-bailer can be ideal. These small filter connect directly to the containment sump and filter water that may have collected there from storms.
- Pipe Sock: Pipe socks are effective best management practices that has been known to hook up to pipes to help filter materials.
For larger sediment removal requirements, Dewatering Bags and Tubes are available to help effectively remove unwanted materials. Bags can be made as small as 6' x 6' or as large as 25' x 15'. This has equipped them for use with site discharge, sediment ponds or other construction projects.
Dewatering Bag: The dewatering bag is commonly used as a best management practice on construction sites and other flexible areas. The bag typically features a rectangular design that can fit in dump trucks, drop boxes or around sites to help filter water.
The dewatering bag can accommodate 2", 3" and 4" hoses to help connect to various discharge hoses during a dewatering process. GEI Works also manufactures dewatering socks for economical filtration.
More Stormwater Best Management Practices for Compliance
Read our blog post here and learn how BMPs fit into a disaster preparedness plan.