Florida Stormwater Inspector Training Program
FDEP Stormwater Training Certification Now Available!
GEI Works, Inc. is currently offering the Florida Stormwater Inspector Training Certification Course to private and public employees in all construction related fields. The training course is offered in conjunction with the Florida DEP, and uses curriculum supporting the Florida Stormwater, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Inspector's Manual, which is included with participation in this stormwater certification course.
Reasons to sign up for the FDEP Stormwater Training Program:
- SWPPP Training: This course will address general development of a SWPPP for construction sites so the necessary permits may be obtained.
- Bid Awards: FDEP Stormwater Inspector certification fulfills federal bid requirements for qualified stormwater inspectors required on site.
- Compliance: FDEP Stormwater certification training will help you manage your site's compliance, avoid costly fines, and execute stormwater BMP strategies.
- Earn CEUs/PDHs: Course credits will be available upon successful completion of training. (8 Continuing Education Units for Contractor's licenses, or 8 Professional Development hours for Florida Professional Engineers.)
GEI Works offers a one day accelerated course for Florida Stormwater Inspector Certification to interested candidates in the public and private sector. At the conclusion of the stormwater training class, participants will take a proctored exam. A minimum exam grade of 70% is required for FDEP certification. Courses have limited seating availability, to ensure a spot, sign up now! If you would like to host a course at your Florida business location, private class locations and times may be arranged upon request. To stay updated on upcoming and future FDEP stormwater training classes, join our mailing list.
Back to Top
Custom class locations and times may be arranged upon request. If you would like to host a course, please contact us so we can arrange a private class.
This course was designed to educate participants on proper inspection and maintenance of BMPs during and after construction. Certified stormwater inspectors will also be equipped to evaluate and implement BMPs to minimize erosion and sedimentation, and properly manage stormwater runoff. This knowledge will not only help you keep your site in compliance, avoid shut down delays, and high fines, but will also protect natural resources by minimizing potentially harmful erosion and runoff.
Topics covered in the Stormwater Inspector Training:
- Soils: Introduction to Soils, Soil Classification and Properties, Soil Surveys
- Regulations and Statutory Requirements: NPDES Stormwater Permitting Regulations and Statutory Requirements, Construction Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Template
- BMP's/Best Management Practices for Erosion and Sedimentation Control: Construction Sequencing, Pollution Source Controls on Construction Sites, Stabilized Construction Exit, Perimeter Controls, Storm Drain Inlet Protection, Temporary Sediment Trap
- BMPs for Dewatering Operations: Limitations, Implementation, Inspection and Maintenance
- BMP's for Stormwater Management: Earthwork Specifications, Stormwater Retention Basin, Exfiltration Trench, Porous Pavement, Concrete Grid and Modular Pavement, Stormwater Detention Basin, Underdrain and Filtration Systems, Swales, Stormwater Conveyance Channel, Paved Flume, Diversion, Check Dam, Outlet Protection, Riprap, Grid Confinement System, Cellular Concrete Block, Maintenance
- BMP's for Vegetation for Erosion Control: Surface Roughening, Topsoiling, Temporary Seeding, Permanent Seeding, Sodding, Mulching, Tree Preservation and Protection, Vegetative Streambank Stabilization
- The Erosion and Sediment Control Plan: Element of the Plan, Implementing the Plan
- Inspection and Enforcement: The Role of the Inspector, Site Inspection, Regulatory Agencies
See Course PDF
GEI Works' mission is to help create a cleaner world through product solutions, and we are excited to partner with the FDEP to provide free opportunities for stormwater inspector training to those who are seeking further stormwater management education. If you have any questions, please contact one of our specialists at +1-772-646-0597.
If you have questions about any of our products, give us a call at +1-772-646-0597 or request a price quote.